Third paving slab from the left? Three metres below it lies a cable with a diameter of about 1 metre. MapXact maps cables and pipelines with great accuracy and speed. As we did for Nuon. We created a 3D visualisation of the under- and overground area. We thereby gave Nuon crucial information to avoid disturbances.
MAPPING CABLES AND PIPELINES
In Velsen-Noord, where Nuon provides Tata Steel with power, a large building was removed. It was very important for Nuon to know what was in the ground, as no work stoppage could be allowed. Where were the cables and pipelines? MapXact provided Nuon with a mapping of everything that was underground on the vacant lot. The area of about ten thousand square metres was rapidly scanned under and above the ground by MapXact.
PRECISE 3D VISUALISATION OF CABLES AND PIPELINES
MapXact used mobile mapping to map all overground assets for Nuon. At the same time we created an image of the underground infrastructure through a ground radar study. We combined these two worlds in a precise 3D visualisation. It made it clear at a glance where the cables and pipelines were and what the surface looked like. All in detail!
MAPXACT’S BENEFITS FOR NUON:
- Pipelines and cables showed precisely to the nearest centimetre in terms of position, depth and diameter
- Prevention and targeted resolution of disturbances
- Preventing damage during construction work
- Visual mapping of the entire area by combining over- and underground images
- No need for map-reading experience: a 3D film shows you the situation directly as it is
WHAT CAN MAPXACT DO FOR YOU?
Wondering how MapXact can help you map cables and pipelines? We can tell you all about the possibilities.